This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Life is beautiful

Today has been a very pleasant day - I have been working in the Lower School Library - this is my favourite place to work.

I have spent nearly £800 on books - which is my favourite pastime, apart from eating, reading and sex.

I have had to do some creative accounting and ask the reps to bill me at different times (months) as we (the school) are having cash flow problems and £800 is an awful lot of money, but then I was buying for both libraries and the books were sooooo lovely - I just couldn't help myself!!

My boyfriend has a rosebush, which grows in his front garden next to a wall, by the pavement. People (nasty people) regularly come and help themselves to his roses, which are the real old fashioned type and have a wonderful smell. I asked him if I could take one before it too was stolen - I took this picture of it. I have messed around with photoshop, darkening the surrounding area, to highlight the beautiful rose - I hope you like it - I really wish you could smell it.




I just have to tell you about something, which I ate yesterday. I had some leftover,

boiled new royal jersey potatoes. I sliced them up and fried them in extra virgin olive oil, with red and green peppers, red onions, loads of garlic, I dolloped some sticky rib bbq sauce and finally added some crispy bacon.

OH MY GOD!!!

Definitely Heart Attack food, but I always say 'a little bit of what you fancy does you good' and that certainly hit the spot.

It really doesn't take much to make me happy - although you certainly don't want to be around me when I am miserable - but you don't want to know about that.

Off tomorrow to help my Mum with some more cleaning, painting and decorating, I can do with the exercise.

A short blog today as I want to look at the blue sky before it disappears again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>