This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Thursday, May 18, 2006

It's a wonderful life!!

Yesterday was a blue day, today has certainly been a multi-coloured all singing all dancing day.

I had to get the bus in to work today, my car still being nursed at my local garage, so I had to leave my house by 7.30am the latest. I got to work about 8.10am, where everyone seemed to be in a mad, grumpy mood. On days like these, I always think a little song can pick you up - that is as long as no one tells you to shut up.

There were several fights in the library today - mostly year 10 boys - there must be an excess of testosterone in the air!! We had exams going on in the rooms adjoining the library, so we had the authority from on high (The Management) to close the library and just keep the computer room open, which didn't really help much as 300 year 10's were floating around unsupervised (as usual) and we the minions have to sort out the mess every year.

I have been trying to sort out a new library software system for our libraries as the one we have now is rubbish (crap) - I have spent all day emailing: the deputy head, head of IT services, Manager in charge of E-learning credits, Company we want to buy the system from. I nearly had them all agreeing to a meeting date in July, when I was told that we probably wouldn't be able to buy the system anyway as the school has severely overspent their budget. AAAAAGH!!!

My lovely reliable car came back to me today after I had paid out £192.00 for parts, labour and £20 worth of diesel. This was a very expensive lesson for me - I had just managed to break-even on my bills and my overdraft wasn't up to the limit for a change (well now it is). I think I might even give it a wash this weekend before Thames Water bring in their Drought Order, which will mean that I won't be able to wash the bird poo off my car - Its only been on there for two weeks!

My car is a white Peugeot 405 and I paid £100 for it, from a man in Oxford. It has electric windows and sunroof, which work, a working stereo, it even has heated wing mirrors - not bad for a hundred quid.



By the time I got home tonight it was about 6.45pm, I was too tired to start cooking so I decided to go to the local 'Tennesee chicken' shop, which is like KFC, but it has more variety. I don't really like chicken that much, I could eat a whole bucket of just the coated skin, but that wouldn't really be very healthy, so I thought the healthy option of ribs and fries with lashings of mayonaise, would be far healthier (what do you think?)

Yesterday,I went to help a relative of mine at a charity shop she manages, I usually go on a Wednesday to help her put out her new stock and do the window for her - I really quite enjoy this as it can be a bit of a challenge fitting all the new stuff in quite a small shop front - this week it is an England theme. All the shops are jumping on the bandwagon and sticking England flags on everything from Aprons to Yoghurts, although I have seen a few other items with Brazil and Italy flags on them.
Well we will be wholly supporting England in the World Cup 2006 and are in the process of preparing a big display complete with hopefully all 32 flags of the competing countries.

Well that's enough patriotism for now. Good night all. Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>