This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Life is Gay and happy

I just spent around half and hour writing tonight's blog - I pressed the publish button and the whole bloody thing disappeared!! What is going on??

Let's try again. This time I will make it shorter.

Last night was the best night out I have had in a long time. I went to a gay bar in South Ealing called West 5. I am not gay but I had been invited by one of my teacher friends from the school I work at. He is formalising his 8 year partnership by making it legal with a civil ceremony and last night was his and his partner Chris' stag do. There were loads of people from school there and the place was really jumping. Apart from the main room with the bar and dance floor, there was another room with a grand piano, where a drag queen was singing loads of show tunes, which all the audience was singing along to. There was another room, which had been specially opened for the night with loads of food laid on - my favourite subject:

Assorted selection of cheeses (I tried the Wensleydale)
Samosas
Pakoras
Spicy Spring Rolls
Pates
Sandwiches
Dips with various dipping vegetables
Home made Garlic Bread (especially delicious)

Assorted hams and other meats

I could go on, but I think that's enough to whet your appetites.

I also met the hugest drag queen I have ever seen called 'Gloria Swansong' she/he is a big american guy, who probably weighs around 30 stones. Her black beaded evening dress must have weighed about 3 stone on it's own - she was chatting-up everyone, men and women. She was also very, very drunk and kept crashing into things and people - I wouldn't fancy being squashed under that!!

I had two and a half glasses of red wine, which I am sure I have mentioned before is more than enough to get me drunk - I have a very low tolerance to alchohol and so was feeling more than merry. At this point my boyfriend decided he had had enough and wanted to go home, it was about 11pm - but then the poor darling had been up for work at 4am so he was absolutely dead on his feet.




I really wanted to stay longer as I was looking forward to joining in the singing in the piano room, they were singing songs from some of my favourite musicals:

The Sound of Music
West Side Story
The Wizard of Oz
The King and I
South Pacifice
Calamity Jane

and loads of others.

I really enjoy singing and I have most of the above on DVDs, which my children have bought for me. However, they don't like me singing in front of them, although I don't think my voice is that bad - it definitely sounds best in the bathroom though (good acoustics)!

This morning when I woke up I had the worst hangover ever, I just can't believe that two and a half glasses can do this to me. I spent most of the day in bed or on the loo (no details will be forthcoming)!! I always say that I will never drink again, but since I drink so rarely I always forget my previous resolution - I must just be a masochist??

Back to work tomorrow, I should be fine by then, I hope.

Big kisses Jo xx

2 Comments:

At 11:04 pm, Blogger Truckmann said...

Two and a half glasses? What a lightweight.

 
At 11:14 pm, Blogger jo said...

Yes I know - I am so sad!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>