This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Sunday, May 28, 2006

One moment in time

Sometimes life is just rushing by so fast, you just don't notice the small things in life that make you happy - the sun shining, clean washing on and off the line, a bird twittering in the trees, tea and toast on a Sunday morning and time to sit and appreciate all of these things.

I have had the cleaning bug today and have been vacuuming and dusting,washing and sweeping, polishing and pruning and trying to rid my nose hairs of the testosterone smell of my younger son's room (no luck there - it needs fumigating!!). I have just sat down after all the bustling about and I can hear a blackbird saying goodnight to whoever wants to listen, I can see and smell my white lilac tree, in full bloom, there is a breeze blowing the tall grasses in the garden. All is right in the world.

Yesterday was a reasonable day, we had a family event to go to. One of my nieces was making her Confirmation (Catholic thing) and my younger son was her sponsor.



The church service was tedious - I am a bit of a lapsed Catholic and really do not enjoy the pomp and ceremony of the Catholic church - I quite enjoy the singing though.

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine and so on and so forth.

After the service my sister-in-law and her husband took us to a Chinese buffet in Kilburn High Road.(NO FOOD WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO DESCRIBE HERE) It's not a patch on Dragon King, which I love going to and have mentioned several times in this blog, but it was nice for us all to get out together and we enjoyed each other's company if not the meal.

On Friday it was the last day for all the Year 13 students, it was a happy and sad day, loads of the kids came in with cards and little gifts for us and there were a few watery eyed farewells. The school laid on a big bbq for all the leavers and staff, complete with bouncy castle which was greatly appreciated by staff and students alike.

Mad member of staff enjoying the bouncy castle



Students enjoying the same



We were also privileged to be entertained by 'Erik Windrich', who works at the school. Erik used to be a teen idol in 80's South Africa, he was in a band with his brothers called 'evoid' and they had number one hits at that time. Erik entertained us with old Bob Marley songs and was a great hit with staff and students alike.



He still plays concerts now and is a really wonderful and charistmatic guy, who has time for everyone.

After loads of hugs from all our favourite students, it was time to say a fond farewell and wish them all 'Good luck' for the future. I am on half-term holiday this week, so time to re-charge the batteries and take it easy (fat chance).

Signing out now. Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>