This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

This is my life and I want to stay here always!!

Well I don't really want to stay here always. Only until I get too old to wipe my own ass and all my hair and teeth fall out - that's certainly something to look forward to!!

Today has been an ok day. The kids at school were nearly all doing exams of some sort or another. The library was used by the special needs department - we have a lot of special needs students in our school, both medical and mental conditions. We have two girls in wheelchairs - one has cerebral palsy and the other has spina bifida - both are very bright and happy children, which makes me feel a little ashamed that I can't cope with losing my hair or teeth. Some of the other kids have dyslexia and need to have the papers read to them and some help with writing, some of the children are just plain spoilt.

We did finally finish making up our 'Staff as Children' display and it has been a resounding hit, not only are the kids really excited trying to guess who the people are, but even the staff are bringing their mates in to look aswell. I must take a photo to show you - most of them look really cute - especially one that looks like Tin Tin, with white blond hair and a little quiff.

I did take a picture of myself in to school - I really hate having my photo taken and the one I took in was of me in my Holy Communion frock(Catholic thing) looking really glum. I don't think I ever was a particularly pretty baby and my mum always gave me strange hairdos such as the one below.




I've always carried a bit of extra weight, well you never know where your next meal is coming from!!

On a down note today - my neck/shoulder is killing me - I seem to be all aches and pains lately. Yesterday morning I woke up with a frozen neck/shoulder, which is really quite painful. I tried taking it easy all day yesterday and wrapped a scarf around my neck to keep the muscle warm - I went to bed early with a couple of anti-inflammatory pills and thought that I would be better this morning. No way, it was worse and I had to go into work (Yes I am a bit of a martyr) - so off I toddled all hunched up and feeling really sorry for myself. My work colleague for the day (we are all part-timers) told me she had some muscle rub at home (she lives close to the school) and asked if she could go and get it for me. Bless her, she came back with the rub and a heat and cold pad for me. She started rubbing the stuff in and suddenly announced that she was really enjoying rubbing my neck and shoulder and that she had looked forward to it - I am not a homophobe,but I thought it was a bit innapropriate as I am her manager - she saw my face and started laughing - well she certainly fooled me!! The stuff she rubbed in was really good and definitely took the worst of the pain away - she has let me take it home with me, so I shall put some on before I go to bed.



Next week is half-term and I don't have to work, Yippee!! I plan to go to the cinema to see at least three films. Like my sister Angie, I also intend to go and see 'The Da Vinci Code', don't you just hate it when film critics try and be all intellectual and tell us a film is rubbish. I like making my own mind up about those types of things - One man's meat is another man's poison - it's just as well we all have different likes and dislikes, it would be a bloody boring world if we all liked exactly the same things!!

I also want to see the new X Men 3 film, I really enjoyed the other two and have watched them over and over on DVD. The other film I want to see is a kid's film, we have the book in our library at school and it seems to be popular, it's called 'The Thief Lord' by Cornelia Funke. I love fantasy films especially childrens' ones, it makes me feel like a big kid again, sigh!

Oh well, blood test and BP tomorrow at 8.30am, not looking forward to it, but it must be done.

Off to cook dinner now:

Boneless Pork Loin with peppercorn sauce

Boiled White Rice

Fine Green Beans

I am already drooling, ah me and my food.

Happy eating. Jo xx

1 Comments:

At 5:36 am, Blogger Truckmann said...

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
I'm sure it's one mans fruit. Makes you sound craven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>