This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Way It Is

Sitting here listening to 'The Prodigy', it's on my son's itunes list, their stuff really does it for me - don't ask me what 'it' is, it just is.

Wednesday is my day off and this is what I did today.

Got up bright and early this morning off to my GP for blood test and BP - thankfully BP was down so I can relax a bit, which in turn should bring my blood pressure down more.

I have spent most of my day 'doing' paperwork, paying bills, ringing the tax man, renewing direct debits, quibbling over bank charges - for some reason I have been charged £68 in bank charges this quarter, which makes me even more overdrawn at the bank - I keep telling my bank this, but they keep telling me that this is how banking works - you pay in money that you have worked hard to earn and they take out as much as they like as and when they feel the need - what's that all about???

My younger son is off school on 'Study leave' - not much studying going on there. He has two exams coming up in June and until then he doesn't need to go into school - I don't remember ever having all this time off for exams. Most kids don't actually do any studying, they seem to spend half the day in bed and the other half playing computer games or skiving off with their friends. He was a good boy today though and took his old mum out to lunch (me). We went to Chiquitos in Staples Corner - he paid!! We ate:

Potato skins stuffed with sour cream and cheese

Fiesta Nachos (nachos covered with cheese, onions, salsa and chillies and served with guacamole, sour cream and salsa dipping sauces)

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich (served with chips and salad) in ciabatta bread

Loads of Mayonaise for me (cholesterol be damned!!)

Got back home and got stuck into the paperwork and clearing out junk out of drawers. Found loads of old photographs amongst the rubbish - have to put them in a proper album.

This first one was taken when my Dad was doing his National Service in the early 50's - he is in the front row, second from the left - really skinny!!



Here is one of my Mum, for some reason she wanted to be a Nun and joined a Convent in Spain, she was about 14 years old - they told her she was not really suitable material for a nun - they suggested having children (so she had seven of us!)
She is in the centre of the photo, just behind the first row, holding up her hands.



Both my parents have been/still are great parents and the rest of my brothers and sister and I are lucky to still have them with us - relatively healthy.

Decided to take a break, I am all papered out and have just realised it's one of my work colleagues' birthday tomorrow and I haven't bought anything for her. I can't be asked to go to the local shopping centre Brent Cross so I think I will probably go to Asda, near Wembley.

Well I had better get ready and shoot off.

This was the day that was. Bye Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>