This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Life is for living!

The Candytuft and White Lilac have faded away, but there is life bursting out everywhere in the garden.

The roses are in bud and a few of them are already unfolding - ready for 'flaming June' - that's a laugh!! Even though the water situation is quite bad here in Blighty, I would still like us to have some kind of a summer, although it's not looking too good at the moment.

Yesterday, I went with my younger son to the pictures (cinema) to see the latest X-Men film. I did enjoy the film, but was disappointed with some of the events in the film. I won't spoil it by telling you anything that happened, suffice to say it is not true to the original plotlines. I did spot Stan Lee, doing his little bit. I went to the Staples Corner 'UGC', which doesn't charge west-end prices, but even so, it still cost me £20 for two tickets, 1 large Coke, 1 large Nachos with everything, 1 bottle of water and 1 small sweet popcorn - SCANDALOUS!!!

I phoned my sister (Palmers Green) yesterday, just for a chat. We usually talk/see each other at least once a week, but for some reason lately we havn't been in touch. She is having a new kitchen fitted - it has been her dream for at least 15 years to have a kitchen, which she can run a home business from - making cakes and cake decorations. Hopefully, I can get hold of some photos to show you some of her stuff - the cakes are delicious!! Anyhow, she is innundated with plumbers, electricians and such, all the kitchen units are lined up along her house, waiting to be fitted - I bet her, her husband and two children will be ecstatic once it is all done.

Just had a quick look in my photo folder and found these pictures (not brilliant) the cake was for our little niece last year.




A close-up of the figure



I am still sitting around in my PJs, having a really lazy morning - well I have already washed two loads of clothes and hung them out to dry, washed a few dishes, paid the window cleaner, ironed a shirt for my older son....erm, I think that's it for now.

I am now having a cup of coffee and watching David Lynch's 'Dune' for about the 100th time. I know that it was panned/hated when it came out some years back, but I just love it!! Sting - looking much younger - looks really fit especially in his tight fitting pants. I also have a thing about David Bowie in 'Labyrinth' as the Goblin King, too sexy for words!!!

I was going to subject you to pictures, but I think Blogger is having a little hiccup, perhaps I will add them later??

It's such a lovely day today, perhaps I will take myself off for a walk, I definitely do need the exercise, although the ever-present alien in my stomach has not threatened to burst forth lately. This is mainly due to the fact that I have been trying to be sensible (for once) with my eating and have not stuffed myself full at every meal. Shame the weighing scales don't notice my efforts, ah well!! That's life!!

Bye for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>