This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Friday, June 16, 2006

Is there life on Mars??

I am not really in the mood for posting today, so I thought I would just show you some of my favourite sci fi/fantasy pictures from the web - also a couple of websites, which I think are really OK!!

I can't remember where I got this one from, but I like the effects and textures around the face, it is called 'Ice Mother'





The following three are by an artist called Doug Kovacs, he seems to have several different styles. The following are called 'tree lady', 'bronze dragon' (this could be one of my Anne McCaffrey dragons??) and 'black hell'. Have a look at his website.






The following are by an artist called Selina Fenech, I like her work, but her graphite work is, I think, more powerful than her colour work. The pictures below are 'love me not', 'bw fairy', 'motherhood', 'merwater' and 'strange kind of blue'.












The final piece is by an artist called Slawek Wojtowicz it is called 'Baby boomers' it is not as traditional as the other pieces, but- what the hell!! I like what I like!! OK!!



My favourite all-time artist/illustrator is Arthur Rackham, who illustrated so many fairy tales and bring back many happy memories of my childhood in Victoria on Lillington Gardens Estate, reading by the light of the streetlamp, which was right outside my window.

Always a dreamer, always yours. Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>