This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Football, food and life

COME ON ENGLAND!!

I just had to get that one out of way first.

Today England are playing Paraguay in Frankfurt, Germany, it will be their first game of World Cup 2006. I am not a great football fan, but I do feel drawn in when our National Team is playing and get quite emotional if they lose.

It has been so lovely seeing everyone flying their flags from their houses and cars, not just England flags but other nations flags too. Yesterday I saw 3 different flags hanging from a house, Angola, England and Portugal, which I thought was really great. This morning I saw a car with both a flag of England and Ghana attached to it. It just goes to show what a multicultural place London is!!

Here is a picture of my younger son and some of his friends outside the new Wembley Stadium - he took this one as part of his A level Art project.




They are obviously England Supporters!!

If England should get knocked out and Spain is still in, I will probably switch my allegiance to them - being of Spanish descent it kind of makes sense??

I don't know how hot it is today, but it is bloody hot. By half past eleven this morning I was already cursing having offered my elder son a lift to several shops - apart from the fact it was hot, for some reason all the boy racers were out in force. Two little red japanese sporty looking cars, overtook me and nearly killed the oncoming drivers in their rush to get who-knows-where?? One guy nearly drove into a barrier (twice) in his haste to get one car ahead - at one point I drew level with him and when I looked over at him he was drinking a cup of coffee and looked stoned out of his head - why are there so many dickheads on the road?

I did some food shopping, mainly to kick-off my healthy eating campaign, I bought:

Salmon fillets in an orange and ginger marinade

Chicken fillets, which I will marinade with olive oil and garlic (then grill)

Rump Steak (to grill)

Salad Stuff, including: cherry tomatoes, cucumber, mixed leaf salad, wild rocket, advocados

Vegetables, including: courgettes, green beans, beansprouts, carrots, asparagus

Fruit, including: bananas, cherries, apples, pears, peaches

I have six months before I go back to the doctor to re-check my cholesterol, which is a tad high, so hence the healthy eating.

There is something seriously wrong with Blogger - I can't seem to get more than one photo downloaded, before it starts playing-up. Also, it only seems to let me change one line to a large font and won't change anthing else. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?? HELP ANYONE!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>