This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Got to get it into my life

Just lately my life has been loads of ups and downs, highs and lows, fasts and slows - don't worry I am not going to start spouting poetry!! Although I have dabbled in the past, but when I read it back now it is so mawkish and soppy that I would think a teenager had written it, not a frustrated housewife - which I was - well kind of.

Anyhow, work has been just that, some days when I am doing what I enjoy and can finish what I have started I am really happy. I know it sounds strange, but even clearing out a cupboard full of old paperwork is quite cathartic!! It's my version of a life laundry.

Today, apart from having a meeting with all my staff about how we are going to cope with one less person (cutbacks at work) - I took some photos of some of the board displays, which we have all worked on, in the Library.


This one and the one below are the Staff as Children boards - We have a Competition up and running for the students to guess which staff are pictured.


Our World Cup 2006 board - we couldn't get cloth flags for all the countries.


We obviously had to have one board just for England (COME ON ENGLAND!!!) Please note the little book rack in front of the board, this has all sorts of books, which are football related.




The picture above is our new parasol from IKEA, which I bought out of petty cash - I got fed-up with the kids complaining about the sun beating down on their heads and the PCs overheating. It's not very central as the computer desks are all wired-up, but it does the job. Not bad eh??

I am just finishing this as I want to watch tonights recap programme of Big Brother, so I am cutting this short.

Have a good evening and don't take any wooden nickels!!

Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>