This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Friday, May 05, 2006

What a life!!

I have just spent a pleasant 2 hours watching a Netball tournament. Not that I particularly enjoy watching this game (boring version of basketball), but it was Staff against students, so it was a lot of fun watching some of the less fit members of staff, get extremely sweaty and red in the face (big up - well done to them), I certainly wouldn't have been able to run around in today's heat for two hours!! The other bonus of sitting on the sidelines is that you get to hear all the school gossip, who is having affairs with who, who has been promoted, who is leaving to have a baby plus all the other stuff that happens in a large school (I will not repeat anything I have been told in confidence, but.... No really I'm just not that kind of a person).

Recently I have been thinking a lot about taking a holiday, in which I don't do any sightseeing, I don't have to trudge around visiting family, I don't have to worry about anyone but me. I thought I should go away for a week in the school summer holidays, to Spain for some sea, sand and sangria. Take a few good books with me, eat loads of food that I want to eat, swim for hours in a pool or in the sea, take long walks and get a nice healthy glow.

I made the mistake of thinking my boyfriend would like to come with me, he needs a relaxing holiday as much as I do - so I broached the subject - his response,

'Oh I don't think Susan (ex-wife) would be very happy with that'.

My response,

'What the f*****g hell does it have to do with her, it's none of her f*****g business what we do with our lives!!'.

I completely lost it with him and complete with many expletives, I proceeded to ask/tell him why his ex-wife of at least 7 years should have any say in his life. I then told him, 'I'm going on my own' to which he replied, 'What have I done to upset you?'. (Game's up)

I don't hold a grudge so once I had a good cry (frustration and anger) we made up. I still don't actually know whether or not he agreed to come with me - this may be a moot point as I don't have a pot to piss in (I'm skint, broke, boracic), but I am still quite happy.

Food I have to look forward to when/if I go to Spain

Calamares

Sepia a la plancha with Aioli

Paella Valenciana

Arroz al horno

Tortilla de patatas

Ensalada mixta (with beautiful, big, flavourful Spanish tomatoes)

Gambas al ajillo

Patatas bravas

I could go on all night, but my mouth is beginning to water and I really am trying to lose some weight for next weekend's trip to Bruges (Belgium). Where I will probably eat:

Chips and mayonnaise

Waffles

Carbonard

Mussels


STOP, STOP, STOP!!


I am this moment listening to some stuff by Enya, Sail away and other bits. My boys bought me Amarantine, last Christmas, it's ok but a little bit samey (if you know what I mean).

I think I will go off to the Land of Nod (Sleep) a bit earlier today, I seem to be somewhat sleepy.

Sweet Dreams. Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>