This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Monday, May 01, 2006

Oh what a May Day!!

Today on this May Day bank holiday I have not really done very much - this is quite normal for me. I work hard when I am at work, but when at home lassitude overcomes me and I couldn't normally tell you what I have been doing.

The morning started around 9am - this is late for me - I usually get up around 6.15am on a weekday and around 7.30am weekends.

I went to bed last night watching a DVD 'Lost in Translation' with Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson. I haven't decided whether I really enjoyed it. It is a strange film and to me it was more about a slice of life (japanese style) than necessarily any relationship between the star actors. Tokyo, if this film is a good representation, is mad and noisy and I think if I had to live there for too long, I would probably go crazy!

As I said, I got up around 9am - one of my nephews stayed over last night to watch the wrestling with my younger son and they were both crashed out on the couches in the front room. I crept around trying not to wake them, my son kind of woke with a start, said something like 'ugh' and then went back to his gentle snoring. They both woke up a couple of hours later and like the little robin chicks in my Dad's greenhouse, they clamoured to be fed.

Rice Krispies with milk and sugar for my nephew(he says he is watching his weight)

Toasted Bacon Sandwich, with sliced tomatoes and mayonaise for me and my son (we should be watching our weight, but what the hell!!)

I washed mine down with two cups of coffee - Kenco Columbian blend, at present.

I washed the dishes, did a couple of loads of washing, contemplated my navel several times and read a bit more of my current book 'Et tu babe' by Mark Leyner.

I spoke to one of my sisters, who said she was going to visit my mum and dad and to baby sit for one of our brothers. She was babysitting our youngest niece(such a dolly) whilst her parents were taking her big brother (9 years old) to bowling with friends (a birthday treat). We don't get to see the baby of the family too often as my brother and his wife live in Chorleywood, so I thought I would go and visit too.

Poor little love was a bit under the weather (ill), she had an ear infection and a bit of a temperature. Even with all this, the little darling was singing and counting and being scary, as only a (nearly) two year old can be. We took her out to show her the robin chicks, but I think she just wanted to eat them.

I took a photo of the chicks, but they were a bit quiet, so you can only make out three in the picture.



We tried to keep her amused by playing games of peep-bo and reading her stories, but the poor darling was all hot and bothered and missing her mummy. We started singing songs to her and that seemed to calm her. Her mummy is a teacher and teaches music (I think) at school, she also has a wonderful singing voice and I am sure must sing to her little girl a lot, because it calmed her down immediately.

My youngest sister also came to visit and with her came her youngest daughter, so we had a pleasant few hours talking and singing to the baby. I know we must sound like the Von Trapp family from 'The sound of music', but we really do enjoy singing and can harmonise quite well. When we were little and my parents had visitors, we regularly had to sing infront of them (shame), i'm sure it must have been embarassing for them too.

I forgot to mention yesterday, that my boyfriend bought me another one of those silly toys he likes to buy me, this time it was a Blackbird, soft toy, with it's call recorded. When you press it's back it sounds exactly like a blackbird - I think I will test it in my garden to see how the real blackbirds react!



Not a very good photo, I should have taken it in daylight.




Here is a photo of my mum in her favourite outfit, a red cardigan, with pockets(she has two or three of these) and shapeless trousers.

My sister(Palmers Green) says that my mum always looks like a person of no fixed abode, a tramp, a hobo, a mess!!

Back home around 7pm ate some pasta with cheese and butter and watched Eastenders.

Couple more loads of washing.

Read other blogs.

Write my blog.

Go to bed.

Sleep.

Bye

Jo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>