This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Could've been a washout, but wasn't

Just a little photo of a place I went to today.




No post yesterday - got sidetracked clearing out crap from my cupboards - loads of books, some I have read, some I haven't.

Some I have:

White Teeth - Zadie Smith
Odyssey - Homer
Flowers in the Attic - Virginia Andrews

Some I haven't:

Birds Without Wings - Louis de Bernieres
Q & A - Vikas Swarup
Vernon God Little - DBC Pierre

The ones I haven't read, I will probably get round to reading, sometime (when I have time). Meanwhile, I will give the school library the benefit of them.

After the clearing out, I went to my visit my parents in Kenton. Mum had been busy gardening (as usual) Dad had been pottering around upstairs, he has an office in the attic (converted). I sat down for a cup of coffee and cinnamon Danish (lovely) with them, had a chat and went out to look at the robins' nest, which the robins have made in my Dad's greenhouse. They have five babies, who are always clamouring to be fed. Robins are pretty cocky little chaps, who love nothing better than to follow my mum, whilst she is digging, to pick up tasty treats for the chicks.



I didn't take the photo above (our chicks are cuter)!!



After visiting was over I headed back home, stopping at Morrison's (supermarket) on the way, to get some 'Feminax' tablets - I take these for womany problems and also I have found that they are the only thing that takes my migraines away - OH MY GOD!!! They have changed the recipe and have taken out the magic ingredient 'Hyoscine', an anti-spasmodic, it is now plain Paracetemol and Codeine, CRAP, CRAP,CRAP!!! I will now have to try and find the old type in the little pharmacies where they haven't sold out yet - this is my mission.

Stayed at my boyfriend's house last night and ate the most awful curry I have eaten for a long time. It was from a local takeaway - I asked for lamb korma - which should be mild, but it was so hot(spicy) I just couldn't eat it. It gave me really bad heartburn and indigestion and kept me awake all night.

I was awake, listening to him snoring, from around 3.30 am to around 7 am - I must have fallen asleep, because the next thing I knew the alarm went off and it was 9am!!

We had breakfast and discussed what we could do - normally he has two of his children on a Sunday (he has four boys) - but this week they were going away somewhere with their mum and step-dad, so we had the luxury of a full-day together(whoop, whoop!!). He said that he had an idea of somewhere he would like to take me, but wouldn't tell me where we were going.

After about an hour (maybe more) drive, we ended up in a village called Bray in Hertfordshire. This was a typical English Village, but unfortunately unless you were born here and own a house, only the very rich seem to be able to afford a property here






BRAY VILLAGE, COMPLETE WITH ROADSIGNS



BRAY VILLAGE HALL



STAINED GLASS WINDOW IN BRAY CHURCH (BRAY CHURCH IS PICTURED AT TOP OF THIS POST)

We also went to Monkey Island, which is a Hotel and Restaurant, for the rich and famous. It is exactly what is says (An Island), which you reach by crossing over a footbridge. Michael Caine is said to own a bungalow on this exclusive island.



We had little walk around the grounds, which were really peaceful and beautifully laid out next to the river(or canal??)






We had a swift half (I had pineapple juice) in the local pub and then headed back home, going past Windsor on the way (packed with tourists).

The day was finished off with a visit to my favourite Chinese Buffet in Park Royal (Acton) Dragon King .

Tomorrow is another day (as Scarlet O'hara says in Gone with the wind).

Hasta maƱana folks. Jo xx

1 Comments:

At 1:04 pm, Blogger ang said...

Hi Jo
That sounded like a really lovely day out. What a nice change. The big house looks like the ones they have in New England USA.
Do the chicks really follow mum around? They might think she's their mama hahaha!
Hugs to all
Ang xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>