This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Accidents can and will happen

No blog yesterday as I had a bit of an accident - it was my own fault really I tripped over a kick-stool, which we use in the library to reach the higher shelves.

I would not have fallen over if I had looked where I was going - I was shouting at the kids to keep the noise down in the library, I turned, tripped over the stool and went flat on my face. The laughter in the room was deafening (I would have laughed too) - redfaced I tried to scurry into the office, suddenly realising that my ankle was complaining. It suddenly ballooned-up and the pain brought tears to my eyes - my little helper (bless him) ran to the medical room for an ice pack. I sat for a couple of hours in the medical room, filled in an accident report form and waited for my lift home. Boyfriend arrived a couple of hours later and I hobbled to his car and home.

The only good thing about hurting my ankle, which is still swollen, is that I got my evening meal cooked for me. My younger son is a bit of a closet chef and likes experimenting with different flavours. So he made us Pork, fried with Onions, garlic, herbs and finished with squeezed fresh lemons - he served this with penne pasta and it was delicious. Needless to say I had extra helpings - well I do have to keep my strength up!!

Since I can't do very much today except hobble, I shall probably do a lot of reading. I have started a chick-lit book called 'Life swap' by Jane Green, it's not my normal choice of reading, but one of my friends gave it to me to read, while I was in the medical room waiting yesterday and I want to know what is going to happen to the characters (sad I know).

I could really do with a big tube of bbq flavour Pringles today, I know I shouldn't but what the heck, you only live once.

This is a not very good picture of my now not-so-swollen ankle (side view)


Well, I am off to carry on reading my book and then I will probably hobble off to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast, my boys having respectively gone to work and school, leaving me on my tod (alone).

Yours alone, in hobbledon. Jo xx

2 Comments:

At 1:15 pm, Blogger ang said...

Sorry to hear about your accident Jo, hope it's getting better today and doesn't hurt too much. My advice is to play on it a bit and get pampered by your "boys" - hahaha!
Take care - big kiss from us
Ang

 
At 3:01 pm, Blogger jo said...

Yep,but unfortunately I have trained them too well and they can spot a fake a mile off(I am not faking by the way).

Oh, well there is no harm in milking it for a while I suppose.

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>