This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Got to get back to work

Shock horror, when I got bathroom scales this morning - I have put on 5lbs in two days!!!



This is not good (this is not possible), well maybe it is the fact that I am bored to tears, sitting on the couch - with my foot up, watching TV, reading and EATING.

Yesterday I mentioned that I would love a packet of Pringles - I know my boyfriend doesn't read my blog, he is not really a computer person - so you could knock me down with a feather, when he appeared at my front door with not just one tube of bbq Pringles,but two!! He also brought me a tin of cashews and a newspaper. This is not a good state of affairs, so I have asked him to take one of the tubes (one has already been demolished) and the cashews back home with him and hide them. On pain of death, he must only tell me where they in the utmost emergency, PMT being the main one (womany things).

My foot is feeling much better today, I will definitely go back to work tomorrow even if I hobble in - I AM GOING STIR CRAZY!!

To keep myself amused I have been practising using my camera on the self-timer setting, hence picture above, which has been photoshopped.

It is a lovely day again today, the sun is shining, the birds are twittering, the bees are busy buzzing, the trees are blossoming - here is a picture of one overhanging my garden.



And here is another of a low shrub which comes out this time every year, I think it's called Candytuft?



I am listening to Dionne Warwick Singing 'Walk on by' it is so relaxing, next up is 'Say a little prayer' - she has a fantastic voice!!

I think I might tackle the kitchen now - we ate Chinese take away last night. I tried a place I haven't tried before called Feng Shui, it wasn't bad, well compared to most of the other take aways around here it was pretty good, you wont find them on the web, they are only a little local place - the kitchen is in a right state, so I will do a bit at a time, I don't want to overdo it on the leg.

By the way, I finished the book I was reading yesterday 'Life Swap', sooo predictable! But if you want something that's a bit slushy and girly, this is definitely for you (if you are about 16!!) I have never really been a girly, girl, preferring Science Fiction and Fantasy books, but being a School Librarian you have to dip into everything if you want to have an informed opinion.

I will try to eat salad and fruit today (HONEST)!

Yours in boredom Jo xx

1 Comments:

At 10:16 pm, Blogger ang said...

hi Jo hope you're feeling better today. Don't worry about the extra pounds you look lovely all the same

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>