This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Friday, April 21, 2006

Thank God it's Friday!! Yippee

Even though I only had a three day week - it was just the looooongest week ever!!

Today at work it was stifling, it was sweaty, it was stinky(all that testosterone and hormones floating around) - this is what you get on a muggy day in a library full of teenagers. Short tempers, teachers complaining, students complaining and some idiot caretaker deciding that the central heating should be on full blast!!!

I tried to keep cool in two ways, by turning my fan on full blast and by doing as little as possible that took me away from my blasting fan. I had an arty day - my colleagues and I gathered around the fan (oh praise to the fan) - and we made assorted picture frames out of cardboard and coloured paper. This is to be a display of photographs, which staff have given of themselves as children - including two choices of favourite books, one for lower school pupils and one for upper school - example: The Illustrated Mum by Jacqueline Wilson (lower school)/Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (upper school). The kids love looking at pictures of staff as children or doing something silly, like the male teachers dressing in drag for the Christmas Panto.

Foodwise, I have been quite good today - I still had my usual Fish, Chips and Peas from the Canteen, but I asked for half the amount of chips and drank loads of water. I do drink alot of water, usually mainly tapwater. Some of the bottled water, especially Volvic tastes kind of metallic and anyway I have read articles saying that tapwater is better for you than many of the bottled waters on the market.

Tonight I was going to stay at my boyfriend's house but he is still working, he is a chauffeur and works really strange hours. It kind of suits me as even though we get on, I like my space and I can be a bit cranky at times - my kids certainly know to keep out of my way when the black mood descends.

I think I will have a Chorizo salad tonight - this will contain the following ingredients:

Rocket (I have only recently discovered this and love the nutty flavour)


Baby Plum Tomatoes (lovely colour and full of flavour)

Spanish Chorizo (just a few thin slices)

Green Olives stuffed with red peppers

Red onion (finely sliced)

Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Sweet Balsamic dressing and Ground Black Pepper

I will chew this all slowly, savouring each bite, whilst remembering that all this will keep me healthy and happy for years to come.

I am listening to Oasis at the moment (She's Electric), I don't like all the stuff that they have recorded but I do think their best album was 'What's the story, Morning Glory' (1995).

I don't really have plans for the weekend, hopefully, if it doesn't rain I will try to cut the grass/lawn(nah) in my garden, it is now about a foot long. I have no idea what types of wildlife are living in there, I know there are a load of frogs

hopping around and definitely loads of cat and fox poo (not really wildlife), but a hazard none the less. It leaves a terrible stench when you happen to drag over it with the Hover mower, I say drag, because I've never actually noticed my hover mower, hovering.

Buenas noches folks, hasta maƱana (I found a website that gives you all the alt codes for foreign letters).

Jo x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>