This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Another day older and deeper in debt

This is my first practice at posting a picture, the one above is of my son and nephew(from Mallorca) at the local park feeding/killing the ducks with bread. ( I will try some more tomorrow)


Just back in from work - well I did stop at my boyfriend's house on the way home for tea and sympathy and also to avoid having to sub my younger son(yet again) money for him to go out to the Beefeater Restaurant in Kenton to celebrate his cousin's/my nephew's 18th birthday. I told him he should tap his brother instead. He now owes me £42 and his brother £40, he only gets £30 per week EMA(Education Maintenance Grant) he does also work in Tesco on Saturday, but I am sure he probably owes more than his next month's wages.

So I am on my own - listening to the Black Eyed Peas last album - Fergie with her humps and bumps is grinding away on the stereo and I am feeling decidedly peckish. I want to be good, but it just isn't in my nature, so I am split as to whether I should have a baked potato with cheese and Branston or be a bit more healthy and make myself some stir fried veg with noodles - decisions, decisions!

One of my little(and getting littler) brothers is on a diet at the moment and is doing really well, but just the thought of those gloopy, glutinous shakes makes me shudder-GIVE ME REAL FOOD EVERYTIME!! I have tried a few diets in the past such as the Scarsdale diet (1980s), which leaves you obsessing about food all day, I did try the cabbage soup diet, but you definitely would not want to be in the same room as me for too long. My favourite diet is the seefoodandeatitdiet, if you know what I mean

Work today wasn't too bad. I was working in the Lower School with all the younger children aged from 11 - 14. The year 7s(first years) are so sweet for the first few weeks of term until they find their feet and then the ones that are going to be trouble all their lives turn into right little b******s. There are some really lovely kids their, even the ones who make trouble in class are quite well behaved in the library, well it is a nice warm place to be in when it's cold and rainy.

I did a bit of shelf re-arranging - I am a bit OCD when it comes to MY library, I like everything to be just so - which is weird because I'm not really houseproud - I am constantly trying out new ways to get the kids to read books, even if it means they start on a Simpson Comic, well it is still reading.

Black Eyed Peas are now singing their 'Disco Club' track.

My tummy has started to rumble - into the kitchen I go.
~
Hasta manana

3 Comments:

At 7:32 pm, Blogger jo said...

thanks - why no blog??

 
At 7:16 am, Blogger jo said...

Great! I'm sure you will have a few interesting stories to tell, about things that have happened in your coffee shop. 'There's nowt so queer as folk' as they say up Yorkshire (or is it Lancashire).

 
At 12:05 pm, Blogger ang said...

Hi Jo
This is your dumb sis trying to get a blog sorted - but I keep buggering it up!! Love yours - it's all so real - keep it going girl. See ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>