This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Sunday, July 02, 2006

It's all over



I am completely gutted – England is out of the World Cup – but maybe I should really have been prepared. They weren’t playing particularly well throughout the tournament – it was more luck than skill, which put them through to the quarterfinals.

Like I have said before, I am not particularly a football fanatic, but one must support their National team, mustn’t one?? My boys were devastated and their mood reflects the mood of the whole country – 40 years on and still no luck!! Better luck in four years time. I have just found out that Beckham has resigned his captaincy and he looked so sad, the poor love. Thanks for entertaining us Becks!!

BOOK ALERT!!



I have just finished read a book by Vikas Swarup called Q & A – what a great read!!
It is a story about a young man’s life his adventures and a quiz show. It is funny, sad, horrifying and illuminating. Please read this, I promise you will not put it down.

On another note – the boyfriend is getting on my nerves!! It could just be that womany time, but it may just be that he is really annoying me at the moment.

His house is an absolute tip, I did take some photos, but I thought he would not appreciate his shortcomings spread all over the internet. His living room is a heaving mass of rubbish: used cups and plates, half-eaten biscuits, DVDs and CDs scattered all over the carpet, out of their covers, his precious expensive Cannon camera on the sofa, his work suit jacket on the sofa –under his (really expensive) laptop, which he bought to play games and download his photographs-from his expensive camera!! Tools scattered around the room on floors, tables, chairs and sofa – power tools, spanners, hammers, screws, nails, screwdrivers. He doesn’t seem to actually use these tools, because nothing ever seems to be fixed, or new – maybe he just likes to look manly??

He(the boyfriend) has the cheek to come to my house and casually mention that some of my outside window frames need painting – SEETH, FUME, BUBBLE, EXPLODE!!!!

ME: “BEFORE YOU TELL ME WHAT NEEDS DOING IN MY HOUSE, TAKE A GOOD LONG LOOK AT YOURS, YOU BUSY BODY.”

THE BOYFRIEND: “I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP YOU DARLING”

ME: “WELL TRYING HELPING YOURSELF FOR A CHANGE!!”

THE BOYFRIEND: “BUT I LOVE YOU”


I really shouldn’t get angry with him, but I just can’t help it sometimes, he just gets under my skin – I am an independent woman – I don’t like to be told what to do, especially by someone who is so disorganised.




I have been practising with photoshop again and have used my rose photo and played around with tones - I love this colour.

G'night all. Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>