This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Sunday, February 04, 2007

LIFE'S UPS AND DOWNS


Life lately has been a little of a roller coaster ride - maybe not as high or as low - but it certain has had it's ups and downs. I still haven’t been in the mood for much posting, but I thought I should put a few words down, if only to have a record of what I have been getting up to.

First High - The 'boyfriend' has been particularly sweet and supportive, although he is having considerable problems with his own employment. I have been extra nice to him - only one outburst recently - but it was for his own good!! Nice dinners, Candlelit baths, TV programmes taped for me – what more could a girl/woman want.

First Low - I have been feeling really run down and ill since the beginning of the New Year, sinus problems, insomnia, coughing (and spluttering), chest infection.... etc.
I am taking anti-biotics as we speak, but it doesn't seem to be helping with the hacking cough and breathlessness.

Second High - Went out on Friday night for my friend Jill's birthday. We started off in the local pub 'Moons' in Kingsbury High Road. This pub is the hub of all the local schools and on most Friday nights and End of Terms; you can find a minimum of 50 teachers from all the surrounding schools, coming here to let their hair down. It can be quite scary to see how much alcohol some of these teachers pack away!!

After a few drinks – I wasn’t drinking (anti-biotics) – we made a move to another local pub/ Indian restaurant (Great Eastern), for a curry. This seems to be a great British tradition now and no night out is complete without the obligatory curry. The food was fantastic! I don’t eat very hot curry, so I ordered a Lamb Shahi Korma, which was delicately spiced and creamy, with nice tender chunks of Lamb. I also ordered a Kashmiri Rice, which was Basmati rice with Cashew nuts, Apricots and Sultanas - absolutely delicious! I will definitely be going back there again to try out some of the other dishes.

Second Low - I already mentioned that I have lost a couple of members of staff, so it has been incredibly stressful at work, I have had to deal with the increased workload and try and find replacements - one bit of good news (little high) is that we now have a new person - in situ - for one of the jobs. The other position will be filled by Monday - thank God!!

Third High – It looks like my finances are well on the way to be sorted. I have several plans in the pipeline and life could be financially rosy within the month – well here’s hoping anyway.

Let’s hope that March will be better??

Jo xx

3 Comments:

At 5:42 pm, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

I am proud to see that you ended the post on a "High" note. Thats very positive. You go girl.

 
At 6:54 pm, Blogger jo said...

Thanks Wil, yes I do try to be positive. I keep reading things that tell you to always do something, that makes you happy at least once a day, even if it is sitting with a cup of coffee watching your favourite TV show - and you what - it helps!!

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger ang said...

hi there big sis!!
You just keep focusing on those highs -sod the lows, who needs 'em!

Smile and the world smile with you!!
Big hug - Ang xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>