This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Monday, January 15, 2007

The Fog is Clearing!!


I know I am a Librarian, but just lately I haven’t felt much like being one – the main reason has been because I have been feeling a bit under pressure at work, lack of staff to be precise. The pressure caused by sinusitis has been another factor – I have been feeling distinctly under the weather and my best friend has been several packets of Ibuprofen, which have intermittently relieved some of the pressure (no I am not become addicted to painkillers!)

Tonight I am feeling slightly better, or it could be that I am reaching the Zenith of the effect of my painkillers – joking!! Anyhow, somewhere amongst all my grogginess I have managed to read a book – no really. The book in question is P.D.James’ ‘The Children of Men’ – this book has been out since 1992 and last year a film adaptation came out, which I still haven’t seen. My first surprise is that P.D.James is a woman and my second surprise is that I quite enjoyed the book, although it did paint quite a bleak picture of ‘a future Great Britain’. As is usual with ‘Dystopian’ worlds the acquisition of power plays a big part in this novel – what is it about power – why can’t people just be happy with the good things in life? Anyway, it’s quite a short book and has started me thinking about what I should try reading next, perhaps another P.D.James book, now that I know she is a woman (joking again).

Off to bed with Ibuprofen now.... I'm so sleepy.

Jo xx

1 Comments:

At 7:18 pm, Blogger Joe said...

Pep,

The DVD of The Children of Men was released on Monday.

I do love a dystopian tale. It appeals to my morbid side.

Love
BroJoe x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>