This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Life is a bit pants at the moment



Life has been a bit pants lately

Oh, but there have been some really good bits, like my friend’s husband’s 50th Birthday, which ‘The Boyfriend’ and I were both invited to.

This was a very swanky affair in a beautiful restaurant called ‘Singapura’ in Limburner Street, which is almost next to St. Paul’s Cathedral in the City of London.

Young and beautiful, Malay and Thai, waiters & waitresses walked around re-filling glasses with, Singapore Slings, Champagne, Beer and any other tipple you fancied – our glasses were never empty. Unfortunately for me, I had made friends with Ibuprofen that evening (still unwell) and could not take advantage of our hosts’ beneficence. Tasty starters were passed around on large platters, Chicken Satay, Sesame Prawn Toast, Thai fishcakes and Vegetable Spring Rolls- thank goodness the Ibuprofen didn’t interfere with my eating – that would have been a catastrophe!! My friends had rented the Restaurant for the evening and all the tables were beautifully laid out for our meal of: Chicken with Soy sauce, Prawns in a Thai Green Curry sauce, Lean and Tender Beef in another spicy and aromatic sauce (don’t remember which), Rice and Steamed mixed vegetables – all wonderfully delicious!! The dessert was a Fresh Tropical Fruit Cocktail with a homemade Lychee Sorbet – scrumptious!!

Throughout the meal there was a slide show with photographs of my friends and their family throughout the years, some very cute pictures of the birthday boy as a handsome little blond boy and some other more embarrassing photos with the obligatory fashion faux pas, which only goes to prove that there is a fashion victim in all of us.

My head started pounding around midnight (Cinderella Time) so I asked my ever-suffering boyfriend to take me home. I heard afterwards that some of the guests embarrassed themselves by overindulging, but I can only say that I had a great time.

My sis Angie, arrived from Mallorca on Wednesday, I went to pick her up from Luton Airport. I have to say that the parking charges there are scandalous – I haven’t been for a while and was horrified when after some delay to the flight and trying to pay my ticket, the machine flashed up that I owed £10 for one and half hours of parking - this is even more expensive than Heathrow Airport!! It’s lovely having Angie over though – she is only staying for a few days, but that’s better than nothing.

Another family event occurred on Thursday, this was my niece’s 21st Birthday, the whole family went to ‘Dragon King’ in Park Royal, for an eat as much as you like Buffet and then afterwards to Mum and Dad’s to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ with one of my sister’s (Palmers Green) cakes – too much food to list - I have mentioned ‘Dragon King’ in previous blogs, so you can always fantasise with one of those.


Bad things are happening at work:

People not listening to what I am telling them to do
People telling me I have to do things that are not in my job description and I am not qualified to deal with.
Still no replacement staff
People going over my head to the Headmaster, to get their own way.
I’m not happy with this situation and am actively seeking alternative employment – I’m feeling demoralised, undermined and underpaid.

Ok – well there is more good than bad in my life – so maybe it isn’t really that pants??

Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>