This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Have yourselves a Merry Little Christmas!

I know I haven’t written for a while, but cyberspace just hasn’t been calling to me lately. Things have been so hectic in my life, what with parties; book sales, antique fairs and just general living!! Ooh, aren’t you the lucky one – aren’t you Miss Popular, I hear you sarcastically remark! Well let me tell you, I am absolutely shattered, knackered and f**ked – all this activity is a bit too much for me – after all I am not a young girl anymore.

I have however enjoyed every minute of my very active December – I have:

Sold a couple of hundred pounds worth of books at the School Book Sale.
Shaken my tushi at Van Antoni’s Meze Bar in Bushey
Stuffed my face with food at several pre-Christmas bashes.
Stamped my feet and clapped my hands along with the ladies/gents of Madame Jojo’s in the West End.
Salivated and experienced yet more culinary delights at Oslo Court on Christmas Day.


And finally..

Sunk into my living room couch to watch several versions of, Charles Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’ – it just has to be done.

Today, we/I have the yearly ‘Boxing Day’ event at my parents’ house – this will entail yet more, eating, drinking and general merriment. You probably have already gathered if you read my blog, that I have a rather large and noisy family and when we all get together it is even larger and noisier than most, this is mainly to do with the fact that our parents are of Spanish descent and also that we seem to be a bunch of extrovert and confident individuals. People coming into one of our gatherings for the first time, may think they have entered a ‘Hell’ of chaos, everyone talking at the same time, children running around, music blaring, mountains of food on tables and my parents blithely/serenely sitting and presiding like the King and Queen of the World (which they are) – but amongst all this chaos, there is warmth and love and a feeling of great satisfaction that you are a part of the whole, which is our Family…. And after all isn’t that what the ‘Season’ is all about??

A Merry Christmas to you, one and all. Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>