This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Thursday, January 04, 2007

A KNIFE IN THE BACK


Oh, God what a great start to the New Year – not!!

Yesterday, The first day I get back into work, which incidentally should have been my day off, I am told that I am losing yet another member of staff – the most galling thing about this is that this is a friend of mine and she didn’t mention anything to me, which is OK- but she did put me down for a reference for her new job. She has already handed in her notice to quit and to put a cap on it all, has told nearly every other one of my colleagues that she is leaving. Apparently she didn’t want to upset me, because we are such good friends and she didn’t want to let me down. Well I am upset and she has kind of left me in the lurch and I do feel just a little bit miffed – finding out in this way, was not really the way to go, but it’s done now and I just have to get on with things. C’est la vie – I suppose??

I know I have said this before, but the manager thing is not really my thing – I am one of life’s little workers and although I don’t like to be told what to do (because I know), I really don’t like having the responsibility of worrying about whether or not someone is taking me for a ride and not pulling their weight at work (they should know). When I first started in this job, I had my own area of responsibility and I was happy and enthusiastic – well obviously not everyone has the same outlook on life as me and most people don’t give 100% to their jobs, but I always do and I get a kick out of doing a job, well done – I thought everyone was like me – I am so disappointed.

On a personal note, my finances could be on the up and up – my eldest son has offered to take over a couple of the household bills, which will save me around £100 per month: The first is the bill for Sky TV, which I hardly ever get to watch as the football and wrestling are constantly on; the second is the BT Internet bill, which is quite a large chunk for something I don’t use that much either. It is a bit of weight off my shoulders and I appreciate the gesture.

I have to say that at the moment I am brimming over with love for my two boys, who are growing up to be remarkably mature and kind young men and are taking care of their increasingly erratic old Mum (me). My youngest son is as I write this, preparing a homemade Lasagne for our supper – he loves his belly as much as his old Mum.

I am looking forward to my evening meal, in the good company of my children.

Good night and God bless you all.

Jo xx

3 Comments:

At 11:16 pm, Blogger ang said...

hi Jo, you are soooo lucky to have two such wonderful boys! I hope my two turn out to be half as wonderful as yours, even though with my daughter I don't think there's much chance of that!
Good news - I'm running away for a few days and will be popping over to see you guys on 17th to 21st (next week!)It's kind of a surprise for mum and dad's anniversary, so I'm really looking forward to it. Will ring you before ok
And yeah, you're right, when I read my blog back it sounds like I'm a pessimist doesn't it? Just as well you know better eh!
Big hugs Ang xxx

 
At 1:05 pm, Blogger jo said...

Ooh, I am so happy!! See you soon sis. Love big sis xx

 
At 7:11 pm, Blogger Joe said...

I wish I'd known it was meant to be a surprise!

Oh well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>