This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Monday, April 10, 2006

Eyes are Bigger than my belly!!

Yes they are but not for much longer if I keep on eating the way I am.

This a.m. had breakfast with my sister-in-law and my younger son at Arthur's Cafe in Kensal Rise - I had egg, bacon, black-pudding, mushrooms and a fried slice and two large capuccinos.

My son had a pint of milk and the biggest pile of food on a plate I have ever seen. 2 pork chops, mash potato, peas, mushrooms and lashings of gravy, plus a coca cola.

My sister-in-law had egg, bacon, bubble and squeak, black-pudding and tinned tomatoes and a slice of bread and butter, she also had 3 mugs of coffee.

We were there for about two hours watching the world go by, buses, looney people, lonely people, big people and little people. It was one of those mornings when you try to put the world to rights and fail miserably. You moan that you don't have enough money to do what you want to do (well who does?) - and then you proceed to stuff your face with whatever fats and carbohydrates are within your reach.

Got home and needed to get my car oil out of my garage, unfortunately, my garage door is on it's last legs and decided to jam - it took nearly half and hour to unjam it and re-close it, using hammers, spanners and plenty of WD40. Me and my son managed to close it eventually, nearly giving ourselves hernias in the process - went to put oil in the car and realised I don't know where it goes (I am not normally this dense) - got my owners manual out, and I am still none the wiser. I have decided to ask my boyfriend if he can show me where it goes (no I am not a dumb blond!).

My sister said she would do my hair for me today - she lives in Palmers Green - I was looking a bit like a badger with a grey streak running down the middle of my head. She did a lovely job, as usual, and I am quite pleased with the new colour I chose, I am feeling a bit more positive now - it's amazing what a bit of hair colour does for your self-confidence!

My Sis fed us (more food I hear you say!!), spag bol, I really should have said no, but it smelt so good, how could I refuse.

I can hear my boys now, arguing in the kitchen over a bit of left over bolognese sauce, which my sister gave me for my eldest - where do they get this love of food from - I don't know??

I now going to watch Eastenders, it has already started.

Bye for now.

Jo xx

2 Comments:

At 12:41 pm, Blogger Truckmann said...

All I can say is SPOOKY.
I eat at the Station Cafe a few doors down from Arthurs, I was there yesterday. And even spookier my sister does or did hair and lives in Palmers Green.

 
At 10:00 pm, Blogger Truckmann said...

Hi Sis
what a wally I am not recognising you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>