This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Sunday, April 09, 2006

LAZY SUNDAY AFTERNOON

Some idiot outside is letting his car alarm ring - please turn it off!

Lazy Sunday afternoon, lazy Sunday.

I haven't done a thing all day - one load of washing - breakfast for me and the boys - one more load of washing - fried some chips - ate them with cheese and burger sauce (heart attack food!) - but hey, I don't really care - now I am waiting for something decent to come on to the TV.

Today I am listening to Elton John singing 'Sacrifice', I love this song and am singing along to it as I type this blog - and no, I don't think I have the X Factor, unlike some of those saddoes you see auditioning.

I have been trying to get into a book all morning 'Cryptonomicon' by Neal Stephenson, but my head is just not there today - I also have 'Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad, still on the intro.

The only one I have really got into is one called 'One hundred and one days - A Bagdhad journal' by Asne Seirestad a Norwegian freelance journalist who visits Iraq just before the Americans started bombing. I don't know whether this woman is entirely all there, I think she definitely has a death wish. I don't think this book tells me anymore about Iraq than what is already written in the normal press. I know these people are living in fear for their lives and I know that their standard of living has been devastated by all the in-fighting. Iraq is a great advertisement for not becoming a Muslim - if Sunni and Shiites can't get on, what hope is their for the rest of the world.

That's enough of my soapbox today!!

Well I am a Librarian and I am supposed to read alot, but I am in a bit of a rut at the moment and I do tend to prefer Science Fiction/Fantasy. Incidentally for those of you out there with young teenage kids(or older even) who like this type of genre, I can recommend Garth Nix's 'Sabriel', 'Lirael' and 'Abhorsen' weird and wonderful and very readable.

Eric Clapton is now singing to me 'Tears in Heaven', yes I am in a soppy mood today.

I am now going to start peeling some potatoes for this early evening supper, roast chicken, stuffing and roast potatoes. The boys are both out watching the Arsenal match, although neither of them are Arsenal fans - they are Spurs fans (well someone has to support them).

Have a good evening

Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>