This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Sunday, April 16, 2006

I got it for fifty pee, in the carr boood sale!!

I have been to a car boot sale today, to sell some of the tat that is accumulating in my life/house.
I went with my mum, my sister, niece and nephew. I left my house around 6.20 this morning, drove to my mum's and we arrived at the boot sale in Edgeware around 6.45 am.

The title of this post, should be read with a spanish accent, it is my mum's favourite saying! She pretty much gets everything for 50p and is horrified when we pay more than a pound or two for anything. She is also a compulsive hoarder and will buy anything, regardless of its size, shape or colour, as long as it's cheap.

We didn't have a bad day and the rain held off, but I was totally knackered - I haven't done a car boot sale for at least a couple of years and forgot how tiring it is - it was nice to see a few people that I haven't seen for a while, mostly dealers from back in the day when we did Bell Street Market. It is now around 15 years since my mum and I used to go every Saturday from around 6.30 in the morning until around 4pm - that was bloody tiring!!

I'm just chilling now listening to a bit of spanish music - old fashioned stuff by Conchita Piquer (Coplas), love songs - very spanish and very slushy, but I like listening to them now and again.

I have bought my young nephew home with me, he was a bit bored at my mum's and my boys have playstations, psps and pcs(everything starting with p) to keep him amused. Another one of my nieces is coming over later(from Hemel Hempstead) with her boyfriend and my sister and her daughter (the ones from Mallorca) are coming over aswell - my niece(coming from Hemel) hasn't seen her auntie yet as she has been busy working, so she is dying to see her and the kids.

Tomorrow we are having a big bbq at my parent's in Kenton, this is a regular family gathering, although it is earlier than normal, I hope the weather stays fine. Most of the family will be there, except one of my brothers-in-law, who is collecting family from Stanstead Airport, they are coming over from Alberta, Canada (I think) to visit. One of my other sisters is in Prague at the moment with friends, so wont be able to make the bbq.

The bbq is a multi purpose celebration, my sister is going back to Mallorca on Tuesday, it is one of my nephews' 18th birthday on Tuesday and it is also another nephews' birthday on the 23rd April. My sister who lives in Palmers Green is making a big cake for the occasion, she makes fabulous cakes and great trifles topped with toasted almonds, so unfortunately more food for us to eat (shame)!

I am going to have a little snooze before my guests arrive.

Ta ta for now. Jo xx

2 Comments:

At 6:24 pm, Blogger jo said...

Who are you, I tried to access your blog,but it said that it could not access your url?

Do you live in San Diego by any chance?

 
At 8:53 pm, Blogger jo said...

Nice to hear from you and yes I remember that story 'very well'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>