This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Food Glorious food!!

Food has always been a huge part of my life - I have a love hate relationship with it - I love eating (Chinese food is my favourite) - but I hate what it does to my body. I do have a preference for savoury food, although during womany times I do crave sweet stuff (profiteroles from Tesco mmmm..)

There is a Chinese Supermarket near to where I live, it's called Wing Yip and I go there to buy prawns in batter and calamares - they are reasonably priced - I also buy a sweet chilli dipping sauce to go with the above. Both myself and my boys love this stuff, but I try to avoid going too often.

I am going back to work on Tuesday, I work in a school library and we have been on holiday for the Easter break. I told everyone at work, that when we came back they wouldn't recognise me as I was intending to lose weight and get myself fit - well that didn't quite work out as I planned. I am sure they are all going to be too polite to remind me about my statement(I hope??).

Well I did say my sister would hit Primark and she did, with a vengeance - we also hit, TKMAX, Hennes, Boots, BHS and many other shops. I ended up buying stuff in Primark, I bought 3 pairs of espadrilles, 1 pair of trainers, a belt, 6 pairs of knee high tight socks and 2 pairs of sunglasses - the total cost for all of this was £30!! This is why I avoid going to Primark unless it is absolutely necessary - it's just so bloody cheap!!

After all the shopping we went to Ask restaurant, for some pasta, myself and my niece had spaghetti carbonara and my sister had tagliatelli al funghi. We had to have desserts, my sister and I had the most amazing banoffee pie and my niece had the most chocolatey fudge cake I have ever tasted (yes I did taste it!!)

I am presently listening to Jeff Waynes, War of the Worlds (Forever Autumn) and yes I am singing along to it! Tubular Bells next I think?

I am going out tonight for a chinese meal, we usually go to Dragon King in Park Royal, it's an eat-as-much-as-you-like buffet and has a huge selection of dishes including loads of vegetarian stuff. I am not a veggie, but my favourite dish at the moment there is, celery, fried peanuts and pickled mushrooms - I know this sounds gross, but it really tastes good and I love the texture of it - I told you I loved food.

I want to try and put some photos on this blog, but I am still learning how to put the basics on, so it might still be a while.

Happy eating!! Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>