This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Swords and Needles



Up and down, in and out, that’s what makes the world go round.

Side to side, back and forth, that’s what makes the world go round.

For every high there is a low, for every stop there is a go…………….

Yes I know, I have completely lost it, well not quite – the lyrics above are from a song in the Walt Disney cartoon film ‘The Sword in the Stone’. They are possibly not totally correct, but for some reason they have been running through my head all day.

Perhaps I have been trying to cheer myself up??

I had just started to eat my food almost normally, when I had to visit the dentist today – no root canal work (yet) thank God – but I did have to have an old filling replaced – I was feeling quite happy until he stuck the needle into my gum and hit the nerve – electric shock- is what springs to mind – the pain was so sharp I screamed and cried at the same time – I grabbed the nurses hand and nearly wrenched her fingers off in my desire to escape my torturer – he did seem to feel sorry for me – I am not normally a screamy type of person. He told me that his wife was expecting a baby any day now, so I informed him to let her know, that having a baby was preferable to a needle through a nerve – truly!! My face, lip, cheek, chin and tongue were numb for nearly three hours and when the numbness wore off the dull throbbing pain started – I went to bed with some Ibuprofen.

I went into Aldi
in Kingsbury High Road today, they already have all their Christmas biscuits, Stollen Cake, Shortbread, Panettone in stock ready for Christmas.


I bought a Stollen Cake for my boyfriend – he loves the marzipan in the middle. I do tend to buy him a lot of sweet stuff, although he is really quite overweight, I suppose I am eating by proxy – I get him to eat all the things I shouldn’t eat and watch him get fatter instead – not very nice really am I?



I have just finished reading a children’s book called ‘The Forging of the Sword’ by Mark Robson.
It was a most enjoyable read, you could definitely tell that he had gone through armed forces training as quite a large part of the book involves the day to day training routines, punishments and team building exercises that make up Army/Air Force/Navy life. It is a mixture of reality and fantasy and has some good characters in the story, it is quite moralistic and in a strange way reminds me of some of Enid Blyton’s stories – I can’t wait to start on the next instalment ‘Trail of the Huntress’.

Well I think I will have an early night.

Ta, Ta.

Jo xx

1 Comments:

At 12:12 pm, Blogger Sean Carter said...

Tooth aches are unbearable, especially with people like me who freak out on sweets have a real tough time!! So while planning for your Christmas do dig into my Holiday Blog for some cool and exciting stuffs....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>