This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Monday, November 06, 2006

Living the life

I just wanted you to see this photo I took in New York, I have been practising using Photoshop a lot recently and I really like the way this one came out - I did have a bit of help from my mate Steve.

Ok, so I’m not writing so much now – when you have an excruciating pain in your mouth, see how you feel about putting pen to paper or tapping keys on keyboards for that matter!!

No really, I have been meaning to write, but have been tied up at work and at home. My eldest son has gone to Cancun (Mexico) for a two week holiday, he is meeting up with a friend who has been travelling around for the past couple of months and they are taking a two week vacation in an all inclusive, all singing, all dancing and probably loads of drinking – Hotel - made in the style of a Mayan temple!! Hopefully he should return from this holiday refreshed and ready to face work again - sorry to remind you darling.

My youngest son had a thrilling experience yesterday evening, his football team, Tottenham Hotspurs beat Chelsea 2-1 in an edge of seat, nail biter of a match – apparently Tottenham haven’t beaten Chelsea for something like 16 years. I am not a football fan, but for my son’s sake I was praying they would win, the last two minutes of the match were so tense, I think I stopped breathing.

Also yesterday was November 5th – Guy Fawkes Day – a strange British celebration, which commemorates a gunpowder plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament in 1605. British people celebrate this day by spending millions of pounds on gunpowder, in the form of fireworks and burn effigies of Guido Fawkes on huge bonfires – all so good for the ozone layer!! I know I shouldn’t really enjoy the fireworks, but there is something quite exciting about watching/hearing the blaze of colour and sound erupting all around London. Here on the heights of Dollis Hill, I have a marvellous view from my bedroom window where I ooh and aah to my heart’s content – naturally my children and ‘the boyfriend’ think I am completely mad!! It’s not me, it’s the others.

I have already mentioned my painful tooth and I am not looking forward to my visit to the Dentist on Wednesday – but the needs must and so must I. My boyfriend was being extra solicitous towards me this weekend and thought he would cook me one of my favourite foods Calamares – unfortunately he overcooked them and when I tried to bite into one of them it was rock hard and snapped in my mouth – I SCREAMED WITH THE PAIN – and the tears forced themselves out from my eyes. My boyfriend was grief-stricken that he was the cause of my upset. He redeemed himself by cooking me a lovely – soft – meal of Salmon, mashed potatoes with spinach, onion and garlicDELICIOUS.

I thought I would finish with this really great photo, which a friend of mine took whilst we were in New York last week – loads of New York cabs – and no I didn’t meet Melissa Plaut of New York Hack fame!!



Y’all have a nice day now, y’hear.

Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>