This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Monday, October 09, 2006

LIFE'S LITTLE LUXURIES


I am now the proud owner of a Rigby & Peller brassiere (bra); this is the same company that makes bras for the Queen of England, who like me has an incredibly large chest!! I had always thought that I was a 38 D or DD, but apparently I have been wrong all these years and am a 36 FF!! I have no idea what these measurements are equivalent to around the world, but I am sure Google or some other search engines can supply the facts if anyone is interested.

It all started with my mentioning to my boyfriend that I needed to get myself some new bras (plural) – a couple of days later he turned up at my home with a most lovely carrier bag tied with a ribbon. Inside the bag was a lovely box of the same colour as the bag and tied with an even larger ribbon. Inside the box, was a voucher to the value of £50 (approx $100)!!

“Go out and buy yourself a nice bra,” he said

“I won’t get much for £50,” says I

“The lady in the shop said you could easily get a bra for that amount” he replied

“ Does she know that I am 5 feet tall, overweight, with a large chest?” I asked him

“It doesn’t matter I will give you the difference if it is more” he most generously replied.

Today I went to Brent Cross Shopping Centre to Rigby & Peller, where I was assessed and told that my current bra was totally the wrong bra for my size.

Why are shop lights and mirrors so unflattering? Perhaps they really tell the truth?


My bra is white and lacy with a flower on the strap and cost me £65!! This is the most expensive piece of underwear I have ever owned and I am just a little frightened to take it out of its beautiful box (I love the box) and wear it. Quite frankly I would have been happy with box – I am so easily pleased.



What a lovely weekend it has been and what a lovely day (weatherwise), I would say I am full of the joys of spring, but it is Autumn (Fall), I do love this time of the year especially the colours of the trees. I was browsing the Deviant Art website and came across this beautiful shot, which I though you might like to have a look at.



The above photograph was taken by Julia Dunin-Brzezinska - take a look at her gallery, she has some really lovely shots.

A restful evening to you all.

Jo xx

5 Comments:

At 9:09 pm, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

WOW - A bra for $121.

Forget the blouses and shirts. At that price you need to show it off!


or not.

 
At 11:30 pm, Blogger jo said...

Hmm, for private consumption only and since the boyfriend is the provider of this extravagance, he will be the only beneficiary - heh, heh!!

xx

 
At 6:27 am, Blogger ang said...

It's so unfair isn't it? On top of the fact we have to lug around these back-killers, we're charged a fortune for a piece of underwear that another person with a "normal" size could get for an infinitely smaller amount. Discrimination - or what!

 
At 1:41 pm, Blogger Truckmann said...

It could also double as a catapult to use against the unruly kids at school.

 
At 3:01 pm, Blogger jo said...

Thank you very much, brother dear!!

I love you too!! xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>