This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Sunday, September 17, 2006

THE LIFE IN QUESTION



There are times in your life when you question your existence.

Why am I here?

What am I doing with my life?

Where am I going?


I am neither depressed at the moment nor am I ecstatically happy - I just am.

I am thirsty for new experiences

I am bored with old habits


I am thinking that I have gone totally doo-lally (mad)
End of brain fart
Back to normality – such as it is.




My Mum and brother London Cabby are back from their one week working holiday in ‘The Palms’ (Las Palmeras). I say working holiday because both of them spent most of the holiday, cleaning and clearing out rubbish, and moving boxes and bags of stuff for my youngest sister, who has decided to sell her property in Spain. My other sister - So this is Paradise – went over to Valencia from Mallorca for a few days to join them and with her came her hubbie and two children. It’s a shame I couldn’t go over too, I would have really liked to spend some time with my sis Angie, but I am still trying to get the pennies together for my trip to New York in October. Sooo looking forward to this!!

I have spent some time with my Dad this week since my Mum has been away. We have all been taking turns in keeping him company and keeping him entertained and fed – not that he is totally incapable of doing these things for himself. He is not really used to spending much time on his own and although he would never admit it, he really does miss my Mum when she is away – aw sweet! We spent several hours on Saturday, watching Charlie Chaplin Films – he really was such a talented guy, he practiced every scene until it was perfect and he expected perfection from everyone around him – he was a difficult man to work for.




We watched: City Lights, Shoulder Arms and Monsieur Verdoux, my favourite of these is the last one, which he made in 1947, it was one of the few talkies he made and is a Black Comedy - well worth watching - Chaplin plays the part of a perfectly respectable married man, with a dark secret!!

This week I shall be starting a course on the use of Adobe Photoshop. I have already used photoshop, but hopefully I will be learning something a bit more sophisticated, so keep a look out for some of my efforts in the future. My friend Steve, who I work with at the School will be running the course, he is quite an accomplished photographer and uses all kinds of textures and effects in his photographs, some of which I think are absolutely amazing – check out his gallery here and for some of my feeble attempts, check out my gallery too.

So sorry about the heavy start to this post – I told you my moods are unpredictable, it’s called being a woman – it’s what keeps us entertaining, ha, ha, ha!!

Goodnight. Jo xx

2 Comments:

At 11:18 am, Blogger ang said...

I'd have liked to see you too, but you're going to NYC and I'm soooo jealous, I haven't been there for 20 years and would love to go again - maybe I'll start working a plan to go next year when I've finished my degree (that's being optimistic!)
Take care and keep your chin up - life is what we make of it, so if you need to change something "just do it"
Luv Angxxx

 
At 4:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use photoshop quite a lot, but you have to keep practising to make it stick. Your attempts are not feeble, I had a look at your photographs you hav some good work there. Well done!!

Jamie
N. Yorkshire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>