This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

THE LIFE WE CHOOSE

I’ve been back at work for two days now and boy am I tired. I have had 6 weeks of relative quiet and not really much to do but please myself. My body is in a state of shock and all I want to do is sleep.

My job is not physically demanding, but it sure is a strain on the brain.

EXAMPLE:

“Miss, where is room 28”?

“Up the stairs and to the left”

“Miss, where are the stairs”?


Games up really.

The most complaints I have heard today are about the new Government guidelines, which have been put into place in all School Kitchens/Canteens/Lunchrooms.

NO FIZZY DRINKS



NO CRISPS (POTATO CHIPS)



NO SWEETS AND CHOCOLATES





FRIED FOODS ONLY TWICE PER WEEK





These kids are almost in tears, when they are told that they can’t have their little fixes.

ABOUT BLOODY TIME TOO!! Kids all over the world are getting too fat, eating crappy food with empty calories – they are becoming obese, diabetics, with bad breath and body odour. I’m afraid we parents are to blame and I think this is a good kick up the bum, which hopefully will make us all think a bit more about what we shove down our children’s and our gobs (mouths).

Have you ever noticed how much children sprout over the Summer Holidays?? There was one little chap, who just before the holidays had trouble reaching the counter, all of a sudden in he walks, with a gaggle of giggling girls, who have suddenly decided that he something worth having - this due to the fact he has sprouted about a foot and his voice has become very manly. Oh to young and carefree again – NOT!!

Its my niece Katie’s Birthday tomorrow, she is San Diego with her brother, they have gone to visit their Mum, who lives out there. I know she will be having a really great day tomorrow and we all wish her a ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY’!! Birthday cards and money will be waiting for you at Yaya’s house, when you get back.

Well I’m off now for a bath and an early night, us old ladies really need our beauty sleep – although ‘the boyfriend’ would probably say, “ It ain’t working”!!

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu to you and you, and you and you and you.

Jo xx

2 Comments:

At 9:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Jo
I've meaning to write in and say thanks for recommending Anne McCaffrey. I started and read the whole Acorna series and I'm now just about done with the Crystal Singer series.

So in return let me recommend the Robert Jordan's series "The Wheel of Time" if you haven't already read it (12 or 13 books so far)absolutely awesome

Keep Blogging
Greg

 
At 6:15 pm, Blogger jo said...

Hi Greg

Glad you are enjoying Anne McCaffrey, she is brilliant and getting on a bit, so has started to write books with her son Todd. Hopefully, he will have inherited his Mum's talents.

I haven't read Robert Jordan, but will try anything once as long as it's not illegal, immoral or illogical??

Thanks again. Jo xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>