This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Saturday, July 29, 2006

A WOMAN'S WORK IS NEVER DONE!!

Today I have been cleaning the ‘Pit’ that is my younger son’s room – I don’t normally tidy his room as I try to encourage him to do this himself – FAT CHANCE!!

It has taken me nearly three hours, to sift through:

Mountains of clean and dirty clothes,
Football boots – caked with mud, smelly old trainers,
Reams of old schoolwork – I’m amazed at the amount of work he has actually produced!!
Old copies of Nuts magazine – don’t ask??
DVDs/Videos/Computer Games/CDs – all out of their covers.

I have:

Cleaned the windows,
Washed the floor,
Vacuumed under the bed and behind the furniture,
Folded and neatly put away all his clean clothes
Put all his paperwork in files.

He will arrive home later on this evening around 7pm, after a day’s work at Tesco stores in Brent Park (he works one day per week) – after approximately one hour, I will go into his room and it will probably look like a bomb has hit it – WHY DO I BOTHER??? It does, however, give me no end of satisfaction to know that I have cleaned the room from top to toe, regardless of its state. Yes I am a very strange person.

Whilst I was cleaning my son’s room, I have been listening to the Best of Dire Straits and the Best of David Bowie – good cleaning tunes!!

I have been practising a bit lately with my camera – well I do have a lot of time on my hands – and have been messing about with Photoshop effects, here are a couple of my efforts – bear in mind I am still a novice at this, so no cruel remarks – only positive criticism will be accepted!

This one is a close up of some flowers, which I planted last year and they have come up again this year – I really like the hairy bits!!




This next one is of a miniature pansy, which is next to a green glazed pot also in my garden – it is so delicate.




I do like taking pictures of Roses and this one is of a rosebud from some climbing roses, which are against the wall of my garden.




This last one is of the flowering part of a Fennel plant, I grow quite a few herbs in my garden, and they are about the only things I don’t kill!! I took the photo close-up and took out the background using Photoshop, it was a bit fiddly but I quite like the final look.




I did mention that I had started to read Nabokov’s ‘Bend Sinister’ well I have temporarily given up on it and have started to read a book by Diana Evans called ‘26A’. It is a story about a set of twins and their life. It is set in and around 'Neasden/Gladstone Park' which is where I live and Nigeria. I was quite enjoying reading it, when I foolishly read a review, which has kind of spoiled it for me – but I will carry on to the end as I really want to know, how and why things happen – don’t read any reviews if you don’t want to know what happens – blooming spoilsports!!




Well I am off now to watch our new 32inch LCD Flat Screen HD ready to use TV, bought today by my elder son, with some of his hard earned cash – he’s not a bad boy really, although sometimes he can be a bit of a crank, but nobody’s perfect – except me maybe?? No I’m joking, ha ha,(in English) je je (in Spanish)!!

Jo xx

2 Comments:

At 10:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jo NO FOOD talk whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??????I need to get some inspiration to cook.
Btw Who is the cabbie in the family pic and which one is you:)

 
At 8:07 am, Blogger jo said...

I'm the one with the red top on and LC is the tallest one with a mop of blond hair (not there anymore).

I try not to think of food all the time as I have been trying to lose weight and failing miserably (well actually happily - I am always happy when i am eating)!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>