This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE I'M A LONDONER

Yesterday I spent several hours trudging around Bayswater, Queensway and Westbourne Grove delivering silly little cards!! It was drizzly and humid - my feet were aching, and my back was aching and my arm was aching and it was a bloody long morning!!




Today – well this morning actually – I have spent a pleasant hour or so, browsing other people’s blogs. I know I have mentioned in the past how much I really love the city I live in London – so I have been looking at blogs about London, with all its beauties and all its quirkiness.

I have added the following to my Blogroll:

Londondailyphoto.blogspot
Londonunderground.blogspot


And to my Links:

Londonist.com



Check these out if you want to find out loads more about London and its inhabitants. I especially enjoyed the candid shots of people on the Underground/tube and their fashion faux pas – great stuff!!

Looking at these blogs has inspired me to get out and do a bit of sightseeing this week, hopefully the weather will improve somewhat. It’s not so much the rain as the lack of light, which is depressing. I hope at least the sun peeps out - everything looks so much better with a bit of sunlight.



Not really in the mood for much today, although I might try giving my bedroom a bit of a makeover. The carpet needs ripping up and the walls need a lick of paint – what I really need is a new bed – I’ve had this one since 1979 and the springs are beginning to fight their way out – this is probably the reason my back is aching most of the time!!

OK, I’m not really much in a mood for posting either so this has been a short one.

See ya!!

Jo xx

1 Comments:

At 1:20 pm, Blogger ang said...

Enjoyed looking at the underground pics of the way people dress - hahaha! Some are horrendous! Oh, and once a Londoner always a Londoner! Even though I've been away for almost twenty years I still feel Londoner through and through, so thanks for the links to the other London sites.
Luv Ang xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>