This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Sunday, August 27, 2006

AN HONOURABLE LIFE

I have not really been much in the mood for writing lately, for several reasons:

I haven’t felt inspired

I have been doing other stuff

My eyes were going all blurry every time I used the computer.

My eye problem has been resolved and I now have a brand spanking new pair of glasses/spectacles, which cost me £189!! This was an expense I could have done without, but then these things always happen when you are looking for money. I am still getting used to them and keep forgetting that I can’t walk around wearing them, as the floor disconcertingly appears to be waving and bubbling as I walk - they are only for reading and the computer. Hurray, I can read without squinting!!

The other stuff I have been doing is, trying and failing to do a Car Boot Sale with my Mum, delivering junk mail – in the pouring rain, still clearing out my attic (It’s a big attic!!) and spending quality time with my boyfriend. The boyfriend has been driving around members of the Saudi Royal Family for the past month. These people don’t expect anyone in their employ to have a normal family life and have you at their beck and call 24 hours a day. Sorry this is just not my thing and you couldn’t pay me enough to not want to spend time with my family – well maybe if I knew it was for a short time, like a month and they paid me a cool million, I might……???? Well I am only human!!

I have been an utter bitch to the boyfriend recently and thought that I should make amends and be extra nice to him. Don’t ask me why I treat him this way, I just do. These bitchy moods don’t last long and he must really love me, because he always forgets that I have treated him badly. ……until the next time. Ha Ha!!

I have been reading my brother’s blog (LONDON CABBY) today and I suppose it was reading his blog, which inspired me to write something.

He writes about one of his passengers a young Asian woman.

“ I picked up a very pretty lady of Asian origin. It looked like she had been out on the town and had a great evening. She had on very trendy and modern clothes and had make-up on although she probably never needed it. By the time we got to her destination a totally different girl got out of the cab and paid me at the window. Gone were all the trendy clothes and gone was all the make-up. In front of me stood a fully kitted out Muslim woman with mask who was probably going into a very strict house where her Muslim parents or a Muslim husband awaited her”









Britain is proud of it’s multi-cultural population and embraces the differences. This is all well and good, but when the differences oppress the rights of women, their rights to make choices and to live their lives without fear of violence or of being ostracized or even murdered, by their families then those differences are to be criticised and something should be done to educate/punish those involved. These so called ‘Honour Killings’ are nothing to do with honour and everything to do with oppression and taking away the right to choose.

People that come to this country want everything good this country has to offer, education, health service and housing. They send their children, boys and girls, to school to be educated in the Western way and to learn about Western customs. These children struggle with their desires to learn about their adopted country and to intergrate themselves with their peers and they also battle with their desire to make their parents/family proud and preserve the customs and culture from their native countries. Suddenly, when their children reach a marriagable age, these very same people go against everything they have let them learn and demand that they suddenly embrace a way of life, which has become alien to them.







The liberal do-gooders in positions of power, in this country, are frightened to do anything about this problem for fear of upsetting a minority of the population who are committing legalised murder. There is nothing honourable in murder!!

2 Comments:

At 9:02 pm, Blogger ang said...

Totally agree with you big sis. I was horrified with the story of the Italian girl murdered by her father and buried in the back yard just because she had an Italian boyfriend when her parents expected her to marry a total stranger. In the village where I live there has been a great influx of Morrocans over the past couple of years, you see loads of men and boys on the streets but no women. I asked a little Morrocan boy why his mother never left the house, he answered that there were a lot of men in the street to look at her! So I ask myself, why did they come if they're not prepared to accept the culture which has adopted them?

 
At 3:32 pm, Blogger Truckmann said...

hsbc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>