This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Thursday, August 03, 2006

SUMMER TIME AND THE LIVING IS EASY

I am finally enjoying my holidays!

The weather has cooled down considerably, which for me is a gift from up above.

I have managed to clear out a load of crap from the house.

My elder son has decided that it is impossible for him to ever have enough money to put a deposit down on a house and has decided to spend money on the one he lives in here and now. This is great for me as I don’t have any money to spend on the house and loads of things need doing.

The first thing he has bought – not a necessity – but nonetheless wanted – is a Philips 32 inch, Flat Screen, LCD, HD ready TV – definitely a man thing! See image below.






I can’t get used the Wide screen function and am amazed at how huge it makes even the skinniest woman’s bottom seem. Elle (the body) McPherson is on an episode of ‘Friends’ and her bum looks massive!! I dread to think how big a normal woman’s behind would look on this and do all the models and film stars know about this, it would certainly make these frail insecure creatures even more self-conscious!!

My son said he would like to get the bathroom done first – we have really bad taps (faucets), which constantly drip and are really difficult to turn. He would like to buy a power shower or something similar – it would be lovely to have a normal shower instead of the dribble that flops out of the showerhead now.

I went to visit my Mum and Dad yesterday evening – my Dad is going in to have a small operation on Friday in Moorfield’s Eye Hospital in Central London, he is having his cataracts done and having a plastic drain (or something) removed from a previous op. My Dad has also been told that he will have to start Dialysis treatment soon as his kidneys are failing, so we had a bit of a chat about how he felt about this and I am glad to say that he was quite upbeat about it – but then considering what he has been through this past year I am not surprised that he takes everything in his stride.

Just as I was about to leave for home, my Mum gave me a mask, which she bought in a Car Boot Sale – for – you guessed it 50p!! She does love a bargain and this one is for me, as I have a small collection of masks from around the World, which I really enjoy finding in flea markets and boot sales. Here is a picture of it and some other pictures of masks around my home and even my garden!!














Today, my sister (Palmers Green) invited me and my son for lunch – she did invite another of my sisters, who wasn’t feeling well and my brother London Cabby, who was still asleep in bed at 1pm (well he was working during the night) – he was a bit miffed that he was missing out on a Lunch, which he didn’t have to cook. I am going to make him more jealous now and show you a couple of photos, which I took of part of the meal.

We had:

Delicious pasta made with minced beef and cherry tomatoes and a lovely sauce.





A beautiful Salad, made with Lettuce, Cucumber, Beef Tomatoes, Peppers, Hard Boiled Eggs, Tuna Fish and Olives.




A small but tasty potato omelette

Garlic Bread




Ciabatta Bread

We were going to have Chicken Fajitas, which my sister had already prepared, but we were so full that I took them home for our evening meal.

For dessert we had a favourite of mine, Pear and Chocolate Torte with whipped Cream. (Sorry about the empty plate, I had to eat it quickly before it got cold – honestly).




My eBay sales are not going too well – out of 21 items I have so far only sold one item, which will probably cover the spending for the insertion of the sales with a little bit left over. I am still optimistic that I will make some decent money as with further research on Star Wars items, I have discovered that I have several rare pieces, which could go for as much as £20 for one figure – I live in hope – well I live in Dollis Hill actually – but you know what I mean!

That’s enough for today.

Vaya con Dios amigos.

Jo xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>