This is real life!!

Commentary on random thoughts and actions

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I DO NOT LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM!!

Another rainy Sunday here in London – what’s new!!

I am on my half term break this week and don’t really have a whole lot planned. Tomorrow ‘The boyfriend’ has booked me for the day (private joke) and we are supposed to be going out somewhere, anywhere – as opposed to sitting in his dark boring house, watching dark boring films. Since it will probably be raining, we will possibly end up sitting in a dark cinema somewhere – hey ho!! A nice meal after the cinema should keep me happy though, this is one of the ways to keep me happy as regular readers of this blog will know – food is my drug – heh, heh!! I won’t mention the other thing that keeps me happy, this is local blog for local people (another private joke).

The only other plan I have this week is Lunch with the girls from work at the pub ‘ The Case is Altered’ in Old Redding near Harrow on the Hill. They have a huge garden and play area for kids – the food is a little expensive, but the last time I went with some friends, we received exceptional service from one of the barmen/waiters there. It may possibly have had something to do with the fact that one of my friends was wearing a Celtic football top and the barman was a huge fan. I dread to think what the service would have been like if he had been wearing a Rangers top (it’s a Glasgow thing). I wonder if I should borrow my friend’s top for our next visit – just in case?

Wednesday I have to visit the Doctor for an update on my: Blood pressure, Thyroxin Levels and Cholesterol – I was supposed to try and lose some weight, but unfortunately I lost the argument with my willpower and have managed to pile on the pounds again – not good at my age.

On rainy days like this my thoughts turn to food – what – it’s called comfort eating!!

Today I will be making lunch a little later as we like to have a lie-in on a Sunday morning. On the menu later today we have:

Pork Loin Steaks in a cheesy pepper sauce
Garlic Sautéed Jersey Royal Potatoes
Asparagus and Tender Sprouting Broccoli


Mmm – delicious – I love my food.

Got to go, mouth is watering, have to eat something!!

Jo xx

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:57 am, Blogger ang said...

hey Jo you're right -where's the top of you banner?
mmm, hope things are improving and that your tests are all ok
sorry to be so brief - just looked in on a quickie - studying for an exam this afternoon
luv you lots
Ang xx

 
At 11:43 pm, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

Yo, Jo.

Please come back by and re-post your contest entry. You forgot to enter your e-mail in the box when you wrote your comment.

Mahalo,

Wil

 
At 2:00 pm, Blogger jo said...

Oh, oh silly me!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>